TLS 0.28% $3.62 telstra group limited

if i buy?, page-7

1. 10,605 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    re: if i buy? milesg??? Hi guys,

judging by some of the rumblings around the traps this whole thing may turn into a fiasco for many people who raced to buy TLS shares before yesterdays 45 day cutoff (as urged by a number of brokers).

For some unkown reason, many of those buying have done so on the basis that they could vend their entire purchase into the offer for the tax benefits.

This will not even nearly be the case. It will be a smallish percentage.

Secondly, one would need to take note that the TLS shareprice has attained its recent lofty heights almost solely as a result of the purchase range proposed in the buyback scheme. So those that bought for the offer in anticipation of selling the whole holding could well find themselves with very real capital losses on the majority balance of their holding post the close of books.

All around the winners so far appear primarily to be TLS management who have achieved their objective of inflating the shareprice - existing holders who might have taken the chance to sell - and brokers.

Good luck to those who bought. I do hope it works out other than I suspect.

The above is my best guess only - don't rely on it - go ask someone professional for their guess.

Cheers,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.62
Change
0.010(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $41.82B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.64 $3.65 $3.62 $65.42M 18.02M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 1092958 $3.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.63 167188 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.