BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

if i was bta management, page-4

1. 2,170 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 203
    I don't think it would be a good idea for BTA to lock itself into negotiating with one particular drug compnay. Biota will maximise their negotiating position by keeping all options on the table. It should really be up to GSK to offer a higher Relenza royalty as part of their offer to Biota which should then be assessed against all other offers.

I still would like to Biota assess whether it should distribute Lani to rest of world with DG manufacturing drug for Biota. Then assess this possibility against the best offer by the majors/

Everyone assumes that GSK is the most logical partner for Lani. With government stockpiles and Tamiflu resistence I would have thought Roche would be also a prime contenter to get its hands on Lani. Lets face it, their is a risk governments will place less reliance on antiviral stockpiles than previously due to the risk that similar resistence may also happen to Lani and/or Relenza that happened to Tamiflu. I know it is supposed to be less likely but still a risk that governments must consider. Now if Roche obtain the licence for Lani, they could solve the dilemma of stockpiles of resistent Tamiflu by replacing the Tamiflu in the stockpiles. A much cheaper option than refunding governments for Tamiflu and keeps the customer happy.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Regards

SP

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.