BCI 0.00% 24.5¢ bci minerals limited

If I was Morgan Ball.....

1. 1,097 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    IO price dropping,Roy Hill starting up soon, BHP and the rest all increasing production, world wide IO glut - next thing the sky will be falling....

Nothing that little BCI can do will change these very powerful market forces, so maybe it is BCI that needs to change in order to adapt to the changing market?

If I was MB, I would look at a strategy that would deliver the best advantage to the long term investor. The two biggest obstacles BCI faces at the moment are low ore prices and short mine life....

If MB tightened the purse strings, and halved the output. This would have the effect of doubling the mine life and still generate enough money to see BCI through this "difficult time".

Lets face it, none of the IO companies is going to make a huge profit over the next couple of years anyway, so maybe BCI should save its IO reserves and not declare any dividends until all the weaker companies go bankrupt and IO prices improve.

_______

At this point I am not holding any stock but at these low prices I am planning to buy in again because the sky won't fall and I believe BCI still has a bright future ahead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $706.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.5¢ $35.23K 143.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 151876 24.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
24.5¢ 65867 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.41am 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BCI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.