NGI 0.49% $2.04 navigator global investments limited

good point on lighthousescrub my comment- there is nothing...

1. 4,783 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    good point on lighthouse
    scrub my comment- there is nothing there

i like the HFA guys, all except one joker who thinks he is smarter than Harry Markowitz (yep, he does).

but , as from http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24838601-3122,00.html

UP to 40,000 investors across Australia face an uncertain Christmas after funds worth $5.6 billion were frozen by hedge fund manager HFA yesterday.

The funds, including $1.1 billion held by Australian mums and dads, have been caught up in a wave of hedge fund collapses triggered by the global financial crisis.
    ===============================

do you think those 40,000 want to go through that again?
    do you think they want to endure more uncertainty if the markets deteriorate? want to be the last investor left?
    they might even have sent in their redemption request to be processed once the doors open again

i dont know the gearing, but if they are $5.6b and mum and dad are $1.1 that suggests the bulk of the money is Insto.

like i say, do you want to be the asset consultant or dealer group researcher who puts HFA in the model portfolio or super fund? do you think perhaps with all the problems hedge funds have had this year , where do i start....citadel, amaranth, madoff, (i could go on) , plus the overhang of CDS's, will they say yeah the door is oen again lets go into HFA which invests in other hedge funds.

i assure you. i know them, i like them, i_really_like the ex rothschild guy who has been predicting this global crisis (ad nauseum) for 5 years.

i just know too many other products that are more transparent that i think advisers will instead choose to invest in when things normalise.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NGI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.04
Change
0.010(0.49%)
Mkt cap ! $996.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.03 $2.05 $2.00 $312.3K 154.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 7498 $2.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.05 5563 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NGI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.