SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

If only SGH would read this, page-9

1. 1 Posts.
    Respectfully, the assertion that SGH don't charge big fees to injured clients, and would generally charge less than MB, is quite wrong. I've been a plaintiff lawyer in Vic for more than 20 years. There are dodgy outliers who overcharge and who are found out and struck off. Next on terms of expense are the very large firms in the space - MB & SG. Country and suburban firms doing the same work for donkey's years, at a high level of professional competence and personal service, and briefing from the same Bar, charge clients less than these firms, and blanch at some of their charges.

One of the fundamental questions SG listing has always posed is whether it is possible to industrialize the process of pursuing complex individual injuries damages claims.

One can do so for tiddlers of hearing loss claims.

I don't believe it possible to do so for the large cases run for individuals that are the main profit drivers of a plaintiff firm (aside from rare, difficult and expensive class actions).

Anyway, main point is that both SG and MB charge fees that are sometimes eye watering to those experienced in the area.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.