NWT 0.00% 11.5¢ newsat limited

if only the dept of broadband would learn..

1. 1,476 Posts.
    Has anyone else had problems with the appalling customer service oF IPSTAR?
    Last week I switched from the defunct LISP/GOBUSH to IPSTAR in the belief that they should be able to provide the best service, since it is their satellite. The service worked for 2 days then stopped dead.
    For four and a quarter hours I continuously tried to contact their support line. firstly 19 out of 20 calls resulted in an engaged signal, with occasional comments that all lines to this service were in use. When I managed to pass this hurdle, I would be placed in a queue of 10 to 15. On reaching the head of the queue I would invariably be cut off. Having suffered this for at least 8 times, I thought I would try the Sales line, since they would surely be keen to talk to customers. No such luck. I was kept waiting next in line for an hour, at which time a voice interrupted to say that my time was up.

When I finally made contact with a support consultant it turned out that the problem was caused by the GOBUSH server being shut down, and the settings on my computer were locked to this server.

Now I may be stupid, but it struck me that IPSTAR could have sorted this out when I signed up with them, thus saving me from severe trauma and frustration.

Needless to say, if I had known about the service before, I would have found another ISP.
    herring | anchor
    Reply to this post | Send whim
    posted Today at 5:34 pm
    User #123399 57 posts
    jbeatty
    Forum Regular
    :( :| :) :D Agree that Ipstar phone customer support leaves a lot to be desired, but I have sent 2 emails recently and both have been responded to.

In future that's how I'll communicate until they solve their woeful phone support process.

I requested that they appoint a rep to open a thread here at Whirlpool, pointing out that such a move would immediately take a load off their phone system.

They also sent me, upon request, the current Ipstar recommended DNS server addresses, which will over-ride the useless lisp addresses currently locked into most peoples modems and re-instate most connections immediately:

Primary DNS: 210.80.58.34 Secondary DNS: 210.80.58.42

As I mentioned on the Lisp thread, jsz's "Open DNS" addresses are also excellent:

Primary 208.67.222.222 and Secondary 08.67.220.220

Cheers!

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1095088

(And sign up NEWSAT!!!)

TG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.