GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

The molecular weight of Lithium Oxide Li2O = 29.8814 g/mol The...

1. 264 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    The molecular weight of Lithium Oxide Li2O = 29.8814 g/mol
    The molecular weight of Sodium Carbonate is Na2CO3 = 105.98844 g/mol, The reason why lithium batteries are still the most viable option is down to stability and weight and market sentiment.

A manufacturer isn't going to select a product that is nearly 4 times heavier unless it is 5-7 times as efficient and even then that is a big if. It is also barely in proof of concept stages in the annals of universities and has no market sentiment due to unawareness.

I am sure Shades2 is just trolling but I must see 3 posts a day from people saying Sodium ION is the new cold fusion and it is annoying with just a bit of research and a healthy dose of skepticism you will come to the absolute conclusion that lithium being the lightest farking metal in the universe, with an ingrained market sentiment as its in literally every fricking device on my desk right now, including the one I am typing and on, as well as being a very abundant resource, (more abundant than lead) I think it's safe to say it probably will be around for a bit longer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.