""justis, there is one thing that overseas people you see here -...

1. 87,184 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ""justis, there is one thing that overseas people you see here - we have absolute proof of they have what it takes to pick up and leave."

Pintohoo, think why they came here in the first place and if they where to leave where would they go?

I can't imagine south africans going back to SA, or the poms going back to england.

The chinese and asians make the money back home but they don't want to live there."

justis,

possibly true -------- but, we just don't know.

japanese money left Aus and a big hole in it before - golf courses were the flavour a few decades back - now it is homes.

And, homes are different - I fully agree - but, it is experimental ------------ we just don't know.

Do they retain their chinese passports?

If so and the yanks have a stoush with china -

what will Australia do?

Will we seize property?

Who knows?

If we do - what then.

If, before that, there is a scare - will they sell and send the money back home ------------- in a hurry?

We just don't know.

What we do know is that they are not native born and the new bunch are here only recently - and it is they that have been pushing the prices.

Either way we cut this - it is a risk - with a capital R.

I have said all along - this MIGHT be ok -- but, it is unknown territory - and just like venturing off the map -

we MIGHT be ok ---------- but, we might drive into a dirty big ravine also - that is the risk of going off the map.

With record high prices, record low interest rates, back again to high margin borrowing, low wage growth -

we are so far off the map it is ridiculous.

If we had 6 spare wheels, a mechanic, a satellite phone and massive insurance - it still would be a risk ---

as it is, we have none of that ----------- we are basically wandering around in the bush hoping like hell things keep going ------------ whilst outside that bush -- all hell is breaking loose.

Pretty dammed brave in my opinion.

have a good night

Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.