When one arrives at L.A. airport and gets in a line for scrutiny...

1. 5,851 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 711
    When one arrives at L.A. airport and gets in a line for scrutiny and questioning by the Customs and Border Patrol Officers at which time you will give them your passport together with an I-94W card that you will have filled in before your arrival.
    You are then index finger X-rayed from both hands and photographed and questioned about your visit.
    These officers are sometimes pleasant but stern and sterile is the norm. They then tear your Visa Waiver Card (I-94W) in two and staple one half inside your passport.

The very fine print on the back of the form states "you must surrender it when you leave the U.S. in the future.
    You are authorized to stay in the U.S.only until the date written on this form.To remain past this date, without permission from Department of Homeland Security authorities,
    is a violation of the law.
    Surrender this permit when you leave the U.S." together with other warnings all in very fine print, bla! bla!! bla!!!

Now one would think in this day and age with the multitude of idle,obese and overweight security people all telling you something different,some even eating a do-nut while giving orders, for example, "take your shoes off maa'm!! no!!! not your shoes!! your belt!! etc, etc, OR "open your laptop and place it in a tray..... why didn't you switch it on"? and on it goes with every airport having different rules and regulations.

The reason for this post is to let all who visit there know that when you leave the U.S. after a visit, it is very likely that airport security and airport staff are too pre occupied to give the same level of scrutiny of departing passengers/visitors as they afford on your arrival.
    Recently I left Miami for Paris after going through ticketing then security and then to the departure lounge.
    I was required to show my passport three times and not once was the stapled card removed from my passport.
    Believing that this had been done, i didn't have reason to look at my passport until i was leaving Europe and low and behold the green card was still intact stapled inside my passport.
    Now it gets even worse, i am an illegal alien and apparently still in U.S. and have over stayed my welcome.
    They are looking for me simply because i didn't surrender a card that they themselves stapled inside my passport.
    To clear this matter up isn't easy and if one wants or needs to return there then it has to be fixed up.
    Once i send them proof that i did in fact leave the U.S. I am required to wait four months before I can write asking Homeland Security if i have been cleared. Yes write to them, they will not even send me an email confirming receipt of the documentation sent to them.
    Little wonder why the joint is stuffed!!

So just remember, if you visit U.S. and no one offers to take your green card out of your passport then make sure you stick it where someone will feel or notice it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.