if you smoke ...read this , page-15

1. 23,077 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 827
    I smoked for a tad over 30 years and simply stopped. I think the issue is two fold. One of addiction and one of habit.
    Some find the addiction harder to give up and some find the habit harder to give up. There is of course difficulty with both.
    I read Alan Carrs 'Easy Way To Give Up Smoking' and haven't smoked since.
    The one thing he stressed was the addiction must first be broken and not the habit. He was dead set against any form of nicotine supplement such as patches,nicorette gum etc as it simply keeps you hooked on the addiction.
    With in a few weeks the addiction is broken.
    The habit was a more difficult challenge yet I never faultered. The thing for me was that I actually decided for the first time in my smoking like that I wanted to give up. I always knew I should but never really wanted to.

I know reformed smokers were always thought to be the worst people in the world with regards to smokers. It doesn't worry me at all but I seriously now cannot stand the smell and even the distant breath of smokers is offensive. I don't know how my wife put up with it for so long.

Those that say you will always have ocassion to crave a cigarette are wrong. Apart from the odd weird dream where I had puff I have never had even the slightest craving for a smoke.

good luck to all those that have made the decision to quit this year. I think around 40% + of the adult population are reformed smokers so you aint alone!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.