SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

If you were a hedge fund ? What would u do ?

1. 5,623 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1769
    What would you do if you were the hedge fund keeping SGH alive ???

I've been pondering this thought for a few days . ...and bear in mind I'm assuming the guys that picked up the SGH debt are smart .
    They may not be of course , and they may end up regretting that they ever heard of SGH .

However I guess if I was them I would be wanting to do the following .......

a) Convert enough of my debt to equity , such that I well and truly control the show
    ( 70 mill today might equal another issue of some 700 mill shares ) ....not sure what that would do to the share price given all the variable .
    But leave enough out there to make sure there was a good free market in the stock .

b) Issue another 20 - 50 odd or more mill of options to senior management .... or actual bonus shares linked to profit targets to incentivise
    management across - and structured to kick in once certain key benchmarks were met - not just profit . Maybe some sort of bonus that flows right down to the tea lady . Build staff loyalty and commitment . Get them all fully invested in the "new age of SGH"

c) Train all employees and develop skill sets at all operational levels .

d) Hope that budgets are met such that operational losses convert to operational profits 40 mill p/a would be a good start ...... possible as recent year one off expenses should be reduced .

Based on a 40 mill p/a operational profit ...... with a trend to higher levels I might be able to spruik the stock and rebuild the
    the share price ...and thus the market cap of the entire entity .

Not sure quite how I would handle the debt ....probably just keep it ticking over for the next few years ......

If I could get my 700 mill shares back on the up and up ....... things would start looking better ...much better .

Maybe I could then flog the whole show off to a mega USA based enterprise ?

Is this a late Friday night fantasy ???

Who knows ?

cheers

VA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.