SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

@dualbot - Fair question. For context - I'm an ex-holder -...

1. 417 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    @dualbot - Fair question.

For context - I'm an ex-holder - traded some rallies on the way down, so didn't lose too much overall on SGH. Disappointed in board and AG's statements around due diligence, what I consider to be highly misleading statements on guidance and general (lack of!) communication - but not to the point of bitterness.

I'm still learning, so as with many of my other past investments, I drop in on SGH from time-to-time to check on how things are going - I feel this helps me improve my knowledge, and either helps me justify my decision to exit, or remind me why I should have hung in (still kicking myself for selling out of CLQ at 13c!)

I am a software developer and in the same way that open source software is improved through the input of many individual developers, I believe that publicly sharing our knowledge and opinions, and inviting others to comment and counter them is the best way for us to improve our collective knowledge and investing skills. Certainly, there are patterns that become evident when you look at enough of these discussions - and I hope being aware of them will help me catch myself - though I'm sure when the time comes, I will manage to convince myself "but this time is different!"

Personally, I find the general quality of research on the SGH board is excellent - I've scored a free lesson in forensic accounting reading some of'@Grant62's posts - and participating in these discussions has (I feel anyway) helped improve my research and analysis skills, and has also I hope contributed to the overall discussion here.

About a month ago I came to the conclusion I was spending way too much time playing whack-a-mole with a couple of posters here, and no longer benefiting others or myself in the process, so I made the conscious decision to dis-engage from the SGH board.

I think you'd find most of the "bears" probably step it up a notch (or ten!) when replying to the more outrageous "cheerleaders" here - and that we are happy to have a more civil discussion with rational holders like yourself. Personally, I don't wish for anyone to lose money here - though I do struggle to see a way forward that doesn't negatively impact current shareholders. I'd be happy to get a lesson in creative restructuring though.

Don't know if I've answered your question - but hope it helps.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.