SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

"My angle here remains to validate that I made the right...

1. 720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    "My angle here remains to validate that I made the right decision to sell"

Nick,

You made the right decision to sell.

I felt like selling at that price would have been wrong for me as my average was a lot higher. It's lower now so selling at that price 31c would be ok for me now. Except if it gets to that price it has a chance to climb higher so I would be torn at that point, maybe reduce exposure somewhat.

In retrospect selling at 68c and buying back in at 7c then selling at 15c would have been ideal but it's nigh on impossible for someone like me to pick things like that in advance. If I had done that and was slightly ahead I'd dip in now as things look to be slightly on the improve. Having lost so much on paper I'm not willing to throw any more into the pot just in case there's more bad news.

I'm actually hoping for more good news which could lead to a tipping point of a SP that wants to shake off its leash and head for its old peaks (maybe not its very old peaks, just somewhere much higher than at present).

You don't need to justify yourself further, Nick.

But at the same time talking about things like a daily percentage fall of say 4% when it's grown 30% since it was 7c is clearly purely for the purpose of baiting SWC as you know better. But consider that that sort of pronouncement is taken as significant by some and may influence their decision to sell or not buy. For older holders it's depressing to read stuff that is in effect downramping when we have bled so badly.

You may have more influence than you realise, and need to use it wisely.

We are kind of stuck at the moment and swept along with the currents and decisions that are being made behind closed doors as well as not knowing yet whether cash flow has improved since the last time it was magnanimously revealed (to be crappy). I live in hope that cash flow has picked up and/or expenses have been brought down.

From my own point of view I remain optimistic until the next bad news comes along, and consider that a dilution of say 70% is still one strong possibility if the hedge funds want to maintain a strong organisation, which would lead to a vastly improved share price and ultimately better rewards for them. DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.