SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Braintot, Like @cung9263 suggested today: If it goes from 10c to...

1. 1,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 46
    Braintot,

Like @cung9263 suggested today:

If it goes from 10c to 5c…its crap…but for bears to keep saying its bad bad bad – misses the simple point of risk and reward and the valuation side – which in my opinion, no one knows.

I agree, noone knows what this is worth atm and there is a chance the resulting recap deal may be more favourable then I am expecting. This is why I watch and wait. I don't think my current contribution is about further justification per se. Like you've observed, my exit price was 3x higher than the current price, so I haven't done badly out of it. I chose to believe the media and that turned out to be correct. I'm inclined to continue believing them when the company isn't generous nor timely with disclosing information, so I'll take the word of a purported insider any day.

I don't begrudge any holder's opinion that dilution will be less severe than what I believe. Everyone has a right to spend, invest or destroy their wealth as they see fit.

As for SWC, yes I take your point that I can be tempted to have a dig. But flip your reasoning and consider this:

(i) Joe Old Person stumbles into the SGH forum after seeing the price chart reflecting 99% fall from its $8 high
    (ii) Joe scans the SGH board and notices a regular poster called Successwillcome, and thinks, that's a positive name I might read a few of his/her posts
    (iii) Without doing any further research, Joe Old Person, who is inclined to make radical investment decisions at the hint of 4%+ returns, reads SWC's posts near promising 8000% returns and shorters rushing for the hills.

If my point wasn't clear, 4% doesn't and shouldn't register when you have someone parroting 8000%. My use of 4% was to simply illustrate that 0.37% net decrease in open shorts is not significant. 4% daily share price move in SGH is not significant either, and I presumed people were intelligent enough to piece this together themselves.

For context, one of my mining oppies dropped -20% yesterday on no news and I barely batted an eyelid. Low liquidity, speccy end of the market, same as SGH really: volatility is the name of the game.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.