SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

If you were a hedge fund ? What would u do ?, page-55

1. 19 Posts.
    I am going to assume that you are talking about Contech and just direct your attention back to all of the links I provided which prove that shareholders existing prior to Anchorage's involvement did not participate in the proceeds from the sale of Contech.

If you are being disingenuous and trying to put words in my mouth, then I direct you to @steve068's post above, which I agree with. DFE has not yet occurred, therefore there is no new ownership in SGH and bears haven't been wrong about that. Bears have merely said what they think will happen - that there will be a DFE and it will be heavily dilutive to current shareholders.

I haven't seen a coherent rebuttal to this proposition. That is, do you think there won't be a DFE? Or, do you think they will value the shares at some amount higher than the current price - say $1.00 for arguments sake and then convert half the debt so dilution is only 50%? I understand your argument that there are some potential windfalls coming into the business, namely NIHL and WTG lawsuits, but do you think any form of recapitalization will not occur until after those amounts come in... in 2+ years time?

There has been a lot of repetition but nothing of any real value. I would much debate with people who can provide a reasoned argument as to their position, noting that Anchorage is not going to price SGH shares at a higher amount because it hired 4 people to perform low-level grunt work on hearing loss cases. Nor, will it value a contingent asset (which is all the NIHL / WTG cases are) for several reasons, but primarily because it can't be valued and runs contrary to accounting standards (please read AASB137:http://www.aasb.gov.au/admin/file/content105/c9/AASB137_07-04_COMPjun14_04-14.pdf and let me know what you think). This explains why SGH does not ascribe any value to the claims, nor would Anchorage.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.