SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

If you were a hedge fund ? What would u do ?, page-56

1. 840 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Look, @steve068, you've no right to point out the facts - it's not what sandwich (who I think might be related to SWC) wants to hear, so stop it immediately.

Yeah - stop it. Anchorage will see ALL stakeholders ok. Why else would they have got involved?

Someone told me WTG has offered to settle immediately for $3bn, as long as AG doesn't send them any more bills and agrees to stop blaming him for everything. None of it was his fault and he should have all his money back (and keep the businesses he f***ed up completely - what was left of them when he bought PSD, telling the world it was a great deal and he'd done brill DD etc blah, blah, blah). That must make the shares worth a lot on its own.

As an aside, it's worth a look inside WTG (share price unchanged - shareholder register now heavily populated by hedge funds and investment banks, most seemingly with a link back to Goldman Sachs if you do a bit of digging). WTG's CEO, Mukerjee, who has failed to deliver what it was intended he would to shareholders - I'm not one, although I was until the silly claim by SGH - shyly took a bonus of close to $1m and announced that with his job now all but done (it isn't anywhere near done) he is off at the end of the year to find another basket case to take a few million out of as he claims to be rescuing it. His basic pay was only about $1m so you can understand why he wanted the money - the UK's expensive these days.

If AG had had any brains and business nouse he would have picked up WTG in an all share offer - friendly or hostile - in about March last year. Limited dilution for SGH holders, but cash problems over because WTG had about $200m in cash at the time and the escrow money would have immediately vested - another $100m. WTG's different businesses could have been ring-fenced and sold off in leveraged deals to management or 'trade sold' - more cash. Maybe he tried and failed because it would have meant WTG's directors having to remove their noses from the trough? Directors like to keep taking the money.

Watch this space - something is definitely going on in WTG because so many hedge funds and investment banks wouldn't normally bother with a tiddler like WTG - market cap $100m or whatever. It wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't all connected......................

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.