DTE 0.00% 13.0¢ dart energy limited

IGAS 1/2 Yearly Results, page-24

1. 1,726 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    The infrastructure bill passed but only after the Govt included all the amendments demanded by the opposition .

The main issues are :-
    - no drilling in areas of outstanding natural beauty or national parks
    - no drilling in water catchment areas  (but they will still allow farming)
    - a full 12 months of water monitoring before drilling

- minimum depth of fracing increased from 300m to 1,000m  . Unsure whether this is from surface of distance from aquifers . Although CBM doesn't involve frac'ing this trend makes me nervous for CBM .

The Bill will go through several more readings and be refined AND RESTRICTIONS MAY BE RELAXED but as it stands all operators will find some acreage out of bounds .

I'm sure a large number of the applicants in the 14th onshore licensing round will cancel their applications by the end of the week .

IF THE BILL REMAINS AS IT STANDS according to my eyes looking at the map below , Igas lost about 30% of the Gainsborough Trough and 30% of their North West shale . Poor old Europa lost 90% of their Humber basin acreage . Cuadrilla 20-25% of their Bowland acreage .

Take a look at this map , sorry about the source but it's accurate . Shows license areas overlain with areas of natural beauty and water catchment areas where we can no longer drill .

https://www.foe.co.uk/campaigns/climate/issues/uk_fracking_map_41274

Today's drop from 27p to 20p (and imho a large part of the drop from 150p to 27p ) is down to UK politicians , not Igas , not Andrew Austin's idiocy , not the price of oil .

Still plenty of opportunity for Dart to make money so don't panic but I'm getting tired of being kicked in the nut sack .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DTE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.