Ignore the polls . Malcolm Turnbull

1. 26,934 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 108
    What a convenient joke, Turnbull now says we should ignore the polls, the same polls he used to knife Tony Abbott..
    #############
    Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has dismissed opinion polls as a reliable indicator of government performance.Mr Turnbull told News Corp that in the wake of international events, polls need to be treated with a degree of cynicism. 'It's a corny thing to say but the only poll that matters is on polling day and I have to say that in recent times the opinion polls have not proved a great indication of what finally happens,' he said.
    The comments come despite the prime minister citing opinion poll losses when he ousted Tony Abbott as the leader of the Liberal Party .
    The prime minister has also faced a run of bad polls, but says they are not a reflection of his government.'I've demonstrated I've taken tough calls,' Mr Turnbull said.'If we're complacent, if we say reform is all too hard, if we just want to pretend the world is not changing around us, we will just fall off the back of the pack and we can't be prepared to do that.Mr Turnbull also launched an attack on the Opposition leader, Bill Shorten, claiming he's not fit to be PM because of his 'shameless lies'.The prime minister accused Mr Shorten of pursuing populist, anti business and ideological policies that could damage the economy and force up the cost of living.
    'This is the 'politics is a game' view of politics; well, politics is not a game,' he told News Corp. 'It is very serious, it is the prospects, the future of Australia we are talking about our children and grandchildren's future here and if someone shamelessly lies and does so quite deliberately knowing they are intending to deliberately mislead people and targeting the most vulnerable parts of the community, the people most likely to be frightened, that is shameless and it should be called out. - See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-...effective-indicator.html#sthash.VJHCyJjB.dpuf

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.