IGO 1.57% $5.64 igo limited

IGO and Tianqi’s partner doing OK? And battery grade lithium...

1. 18,320 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3812
    IGO and Tianqi’s partner doing OK?
    And battery grade lithium hydroxide was expected to be produced at the Tianqi/IGO Kwinana plant this month!
    Time to start looking in the inbox?

Cheers

https://thewest.com.au/business/min...ts-14pc-on-improving-lithium-market-c-6167364
    Talison profit lifts 14pc on improving lithium market

Stuart McKinnonThe West Australian
    Wed, 23 March 2022 8:40AM
    Stuart McKinnon

The Greenbushes Lithium Operations visit. Ian Munro The West Australian 16/08/2018 Credit: Ian Munro/Kalgoorlie Miner

The owner of WA’s famed Greenbushes lithium mine in the State’s South West has booked a 14 per cent lift in profit to $225 million on the back of surging prices for the battery metal.

The annual filings lodged with the corporate regulator by the joint venture owner, Windfield Holdings, which trades as Talison Lithium, show the result came on the back of a 70 per cent jump in revenue to $685m.

Total dividends of $189.5m were paid to shareholders in three instalments over the year compared with $200m the previous year.

In a brief statement accompanying the results, Windfield said it continued the significant expansion of its operations in Greenbushes during the year.

The mine’s chemical grade plant 2 was restarted in July which took the operation’s processing capacity to 1.34 million tonnes a year of lithium concentrate.

The company flagged plans for a third processing plant in October and last month committed to a further $1.4 billion expansion of the mine.

Ownerships arrangements for Greenbushes changed during the year with IGO becoming a co-owner in Tianqi Lithium’s 51 per cent stake in the mine. The 49 per cent balance is held by US chemicals giant Albemarle.

The change came via a $US1.4b deal that saw the Peter Bradford-led company take a 24.9 per cent stake in Greenbushes and a 49 per cent holding of the Chinese company’s lithium hydroxide plant at Kwinana.

Windfield held $15m in cash at the end of December, down from $100m the previous year.

Capital spending at the mine rose 12 per cent to $147 million.

Greenbushes contains the world’s largest known and highest grade deposit of lithium mineral spodumene.
    Last edited by sabine: 23/03/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IGO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.64
Change
-0.090(1.57%)
Mkt cap ! $4.323B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.76 $5.80 $5.63 $14.59M 2.558M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 32572 $5.63

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.64 9084 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.54pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IGO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.