IGO 3.55% $6.13 igo limited

Hello AzinAsia .... Nice to see you again : ) Tianqi intrigued...

1. 18,255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3792
    Hello AzinAsia .... Nice to see you again : )

Tianqi intrigued me long ago, and still does, and it is absurd to think one of Australia’s most valuable assets at Greenbushes had no Australian ownership (until now).
    But was Tianqi ever going to let go of a full 50%?

And -re percentage controls - I guess the deal is also structured so IGO could never create a majority vote in league with Albemarle at Greenbushes?

Beyond this, to add some general observations from a largely ignorant of IGO perspective;
    Peter Bradford made small hints of this acquisition in the Macquarie Presentation last week saying a policy review on capital management would be released by January ’21 and to watch for M&A this year...
    (but I don’t know how many watching saw this ‘big bird’ flying in ?)
    (And was that the same day MUFG upped its’ stake to over 5% and borrowed more than 5M shares for shorting?)

[Macquarie presentation 03/12/20]
    23DED968-0881-4D58-AB79-BBD1643C5468.jpeg

That presentation also says $65M is budgeted for exploration this year ....
    A lot of future spending with that, the Tianqi purchase, and presumably the need to put around AUS$150 million into completing the Kwinana plant?

How will they do it?

Cheers

Ironlung have you seen this report on the way Tianqi first bought Greenbushes [the story, from The Australian, is posted here]
    There are some more notes on historical dealings regards that famous ‘geological terrane with links [here] for anyone interested in history.

cheers
    Last edited by sabine: 09/12/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IGO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.13
Change
0.210(3.55%)
Mkt cap ! $4.630B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.95 $6.14 $5.91 $9.078M 1.498M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
52 22976 $6.12

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.13 16386 55
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IGO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.