'Windsor, farmers ‘delighted’ with coal seam gas laws'I'm happy...

1. 1,917 Posts.
    'Windsor, farmers ‘delighted’ with coal seam gas laws'

I'm happy to see some regulation with fraccing around prime farmland however it is a bit rich for farmers to be aligning with the greens and condemning a practice that "MIGHT" contaminate water somewhere down the track. Have you seen what farmers spray on their crops??? Have you seen what effect they have on salinity by pumping these aquifers so hard and/or clearing the land??

Lets also put another thing straight. If we were to utilise untouched land for either gas production or farming, which do you think would impact the environment more? I can tell you straight up that there would be very little disturbance with drilling and faccing. Roads would be cleared along with a pad but after the work is done nature would take back all but a tiny block.
    Same example but with farming.....almost 100% species lost due to 100% clearing of native vegetation. Huge amounts of soil erosion from run off that would enter local creeks and streams. This run off would be high in nutrients that leads to blue-green algae formation that often kills most of the local aquatic life. Any potable water facility in the area would need a major upgrade to deal with all of this.

The greens can go ..... themselves.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.