re: a terrorist who turned to love Shoebat received a similar...

1. 3,191 Posts.
    re: a terrorist who turned to love Shoebat received a similar welcome from jews as Keith Windschuttle got from conservative whites in Australia.

He's a great speaker and much of what he says is correct, but the fact is he's making a lot of money by pandering to the jewish view that muslims are entirely to blame, when in fact Israel is just as murderous, just as barbarous and just as hypocritical.

Add to that the fact that Israel has killed more than 3 times as many Palestinians by assassination or for being nearby an assassination.

I can easily understand that jews want to believe they are the victims of a phenomemon they did not help create, that jews do not really know or want to know what is being done to Palestinians by their army, They are like the good German people - eyes do not see, ears do not hear.

They want to believe a clever opportunist like Shoebat (and Windschuttle). Here are some comments from jews who attended a Shoebat lecture pandering to their prejudices:-

Central Connecticut State University Professor Jay Bergman, President of the Connecticut Chapter of the National Association of Scholars, found Shoebat’s talk “a revelation, even for someone like myself,…an unequivocal and enthusiastic supporter of Israel and the democratic principles it practices.” That Shoebat had participated in violence gave “his testimony a special credence and credibility that it might otherwise lack. All those on the left and in America and Europe who turn a blind eye to the blatant and vicious anti-Semitism pervasive in the Middle East should be required to attend one of [his] lectures.”
    Kol Israel student leader Stock said, “The evening was a success; every one I spoke with was impressed…. [Many] people…left with a new found understanding.” For once, he said, the perpetrators of hatred were silenced.
    A Christian supporter of Israel said “It’s about time such a message was heard,” after hearing him at Wesleyan University campus.
    Frank Gaffney Jr well known Political commentator said “ In the 25 years I have been in Washington I have never heard anything so extraordinary and the truth be so eloquently spoken by someone like this.”
    Rabbi Silton of Temple Israel Albany said, “Walid Shoebat’s commitment to the pursuit of truth and his courageous efforts to combat hatred are awe inspiring”
    He is very effective and swings the center and even center left towards Israel's position, Jew and non Jew alike. I promise Walid Shoebat will be the most incredible experience your synagogue will ever put on period. You will be mesmerized. If you can get him a platform on local media outlets you will defeat the haters and win the whole middle ground. He does it all the time. As head of the Israel advocacy group in your shul, you be doing a great mitzvah by bring Walid to speak and even greater one if you can get him on the local media.- following appearance in Baltimore

Rabbi Weinberg Temple Beth El Swampsott MA “He said he recommended him to us highly and that he was excellent.” Comments from his congregants following the presentation include::
    "Mr. Shoebat, you are prophet, God Bless you"
    "You are a messenger from G-d, bless you"
    "You have such a powerful message"
    "Wow, just unbelievable"

Roz Rothstein, the executive director of the Israel advocacy group Stand With Us and one of the event's sponsors, called Shoebat "heroic" and said his message "needs to be heard."
    "Mr. Shoebat, you are righteous and wise man" Rabbi Friedman Principal at Rambam Mitzva Hebrew Academy
    "He was a great speaker and the crowd loved him. I had initially scheduled him to speak for an hour and then take questions. You should check with him about what is best because he has more than 1 hour of material and the time really flew by, the crowd would have stayed for another hour from what I could tell." Rabbi Daniel Freitag, Atlanta
    "It was the best and most exciting interview I have ever done" Tova Singer, Israel National Radio
    Rabbi Brian Rubenstein said “I feel that your trip has been one of the highlights of the year for our organization.”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.