XJO 0.10% 7,767.5 s&p/asx 200

ferrymanau, the way i look at it is like this. Most of the...

1. 6,340 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1211
    ferrymanau, the way i look at it is like this. Most of the economic data has been ignored and for me that's just insane. For mine this will just lead to a bigger crash.

Yes there is a lot of money sitting on the side lines, probably mostly smart money also. Can you honestly see them investing their hard earned with such economic data coming out. They will invest it one day but it won't be just yet IMO.

Much of this bounce has been due to company earnings, but the facts show that their profits were good but their revenues haven't improved. profits came about from reducing their number of employees and they haven't re-hired.

Have a look at the DOW chart and in particular the volumes. The bounces have been on smallish volume. Rallys on small volume are unsustainable.

Look, yes I'm short in the market and it's for the reasons I have stated. i cannot see how we could get a surge to new highs considering the data that has been coming out.
    As previously mentioned, China's Manufacturing PMI came back the lowest in 4 years.

What you should be careful of is when the big boys hit the short button, markets could fall off the cliff in one session.

If you're unsure of what to do perhaps sitting on the sidelines until you get a clearer picture is the way to go. You don't lose by protecting your capital.

The rest of this year I exopect results to get worse, so ask yourself why would markets go up? funnier things have happened. For mine, if we go higher from here it will only mean a larger fall in the end

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.