ILU 1.36% $6.55 iluka resources limited

iluka needs shakeup

1. 1,413 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    In My Opinion

This company sounds like it is facing another 3 years of management streamlining and productivity improvements - WHAT ABSOLUTE RUBBISH - LIPSERVICE - If this was genuine and effective we would now be seeing improved earnings and an improved share price.

GEOLOGICAL MANAGEMENT SHOULD BE PUNISHED - It is unacceptable that Iluka has had a quarter of reduced zircon production (-13.3% volume) & has now forecast that this will continue into the next quarter. They have been sitting on resources capable of maintaining an increase in zircon production for many years ahead (and I am not talking about the Eucla Basin Deposits which in relative terms have only recently been found).

Where is the blue-sky that this company should be offering to shareholders (and should be getting promoted by their exploration director). Through a relatively small budget of 4-6 mill per annumm this company could be engaging in multi-commodity exploration.

A message to management should be; " stop procastinating your navel. Consider aggressive growth options".

Until investing in Iluka I used to think that the statement "If you don't grow you die" a bit light-weight. I can now understand it when looking at the quasi-government nature of this company.

I suppose the next thing they will do is cut the dividend!

Disclaimer: The above post is purely my own opinion. It is not to be considered to be fact or advice in any way whatsoever. It is purely for entertainment purposes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ILU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.55
Change
-0.090(1.36%)
Mkt cap ! $2.802B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.64 $6.70 $6.49 $32.12M 4.920M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 13610 $6.54

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.56 55544 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ILU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.