TLS 2.41% $3.82 telstra group limited

CP First its my opinion only ie clearly 5g is the future so very...

1. 9,687 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455
    CP
    First its my opinion only ie clearly 5g is the future so very little point on posting on it.But imo as posted besides the utility profit its an imperative platform for telstra to grow businesses from.Imo penn has chosen technology development over already proven new technology start ups that r showing high growth and strong profit growth.
    Example tls's muru d global start up accelerator as tls likes to call it and to a degree it makes sense.But imo the problem as i c it tls is concentrating on this start up muru d business at the expense of buying established and proven new technology businesses that r actually making a profit.
    Example muru d has approx 40 start ups (profit not required by start up) spread between sydney,singapore and silicon valley.Its not what they pay these start ups r paid by tls, its the cost of providing the facility/university for these start ups.
    Example tls may pay a start up $40 thousand to start,chicken feed but add the cost of the infrastructure ie 3 mentoring centres spread over 3 countries and losses start to b material,add the losses in NAS and ooyala and ehealth and it starts to b more material.Result tls relies on mobile and fixed connectivity utility profit.
    So compare,tls invests $40 thousand in a start up that is not required to make a profit and taking into account tls's 3 mentoring facilities spread over 3 countries,or tls invests $40m in tyro or unlock'd making profit from day 1 with strong proven growth and profit potential..
    ps imo u should stop worshipping ceo's,they must first prove themselves and earn yr respect.Just because they run a co worth billions means nothing,plenty of co's that size have collapsed because of bad decision making.
    When tls was $6.70 i still regarded it as a hold because i liked penns change of attitude towards autohome,the purchase of pacnet made very good strategic sense and imo purchased for a good price.Even philippines with the pacnet seacable connection and also the pacnet philippine tier 1 pop connection (ownership) plus san miguel spectrum imo made sense,tls walked away thats fine if figures didn't add up.
    But from that point imo penn has not done what i thought he was going to do and thats b more interested in buying proven and profitable new technology businesses involving digital and nfc that can take advantage of telstra's network.
    The final nail was when penn described ooyala as a great business then as posted he wrote it down in the same sentence by 50% or $250m.The serious concern for me is ooyala is a great business,just ask their competitor blackcove, the problem is tls can't run such an agile business,but it gets worse imo,i believe tls can't run a business like ehealth,the only hope for NAS is tls's global partners can provide the technology that makes its simple for even tls to run such a business.
    Businesses tls can run imo autohome and sou fun because basically they require scale and the business model is simple,same OML,tyro and unlock'd.
    Anyway half year report shortly.
    ps imo making the right decisions on above is as important as a common sense accc declaration on the tls sp.
    ps will NAS b in profit or on budget ?.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.82
Change
0.090(2.41%)
Mkt cap ! $44.13B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.79 $3.83 $3.76 $144.1M 37.83M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 41410 $3.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.82 559861 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.