Hey everyone, thanks for the advice.To be honest, I was going to...

1. 25 Posts.
    Hey everyone, thanks for the advice.

To be honest, I was going to try and use my knowledge as an environmental engineer. But many of you are right; any knowledge I learn from uni isn't really going to translate into the world of the stock market that great. There is still a lot to learn.

I invested in all of them around the same time (this year) and between 500 and 1000 per trade. So far I'm sitting pretty even but I have confidence that these sectors will grow. And I don't think I"m blind to believe that

I do like the idea of investing more than the interest, because I do believe that if you do apply your knowledge, hopefully it works.

I suppose that I am reasonably contrarian in some of the stocks that I have bought? And some of them were also premature.

I have a pretty strong knowledge of mining and minerals from studying it in my course.

Some of the companies I invested in were due to hope, I'm not going to lie. But I really like the idea of innovation; or being able to offer something that no other company can.

I feel like I invested in Peak Resources and Arrium prematurely since the iron price is still falling, and peak has not even started rare earth production. I'm kind of holding onto hope that it will succeed and the prices of these metals will go up. Currently at university I do my thesis in peak gold and there is going to be a general increase in price of these and rare earths as they become more expensive to dig out of the ground. I know I need to do a more close analysis of companies rather than such a broad, macroeconomic view.

Nearmap is a prime example of innovation, and this is because they offer something no other company does; and they are just looking to expand into America. Since they are already supported by google, I think this is a realistic possibility. Companies will start to make more use of this as it cuts their costs in production.

I have a friend who works for Javara Health Care and I've looked into them a lot and they have plenty of scope to grow in the future as well.

I'm not so sure about Coca Cola, but they came down in value a lot, I thought it was a smart idea to invest in them as a blue chip company to sell them during a high time in the market due to the brand name. I know all the major brands they sell as I work at a bottle shop.

Quickflix was probably a gamble and stupid investment. I'm pretty much hoping the stupid Australian public will buy into their shonky service a bit more. Their teamup with Dick Smith may draw a lot of dumb consumers in and they will start to see a better cashflow.

I suppose I didn't write a full plan or anything, and that's because I'm quite lazy with typing. But seriously big thanks to everyone for the replies. I have a small amount of knowledge already and have done research so I don't think it is simply "putting $500 on red".

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.