BAO 0.00% 8.4¢ brookfield australian opportunities fund

i'm back

1. 5,768 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1405
    Sadly, I sold my holding before this recent spike. The timeframe was too unknown and I didn't want to wait 2 years before gettign good news, so I sold.

I have bought in again today for a fair sized parcel (240,000 @ 0.067).

Anyway, it looks like BAO tried to give the preference shareholders a fair option, and they declined it, so now they will get a less-fair option and it looks likely to go through.

I can't see any reason for this plan to fail. From my non-lawyer mind, everything looks legal. Their assets should be reasonably easily salable for book value. I expect the majority of the assets can be sold within 6 months since they are funds and the like.

So the vote is the only thing holding this back? I expect that to be passed too.

So $0.015 capital return in 2 months, maybe $0.06 with 6 months and $0.06 more within the following 12 months. That is my rough expectation. For a total of $0.135 plus any dividends the investments pay out, distributed to us in addition to that. Maybe $0.005 for a total of $0.14.

This seems like the best bet I've seen in a long time. If the price drops back I might buy another 100,000 or more.

Have I missed anything important? Is there a downside?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.