VOC 0.00% $5.49 vocus group limited

NBN does not offer a service via Wifi, they do offer a wireless...

1. 317 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34

NBN does not offer a service via Wifi, they do offer a wireless service which has struggled when it comes to speed and congestion. One of the biggest issues operators face with wireless is the business case being based on suppliers specs, while that may seem strange it’s quite normal for wireless equipment from some suppliers to support on 1/2 to 1/3 the maximum traffic. Local WISPs can easily compete with NBN by 

a. Picking the right gear 

b. Operating in unlicencesed spectrum which has no ongoing costs

c. Using the “local company” tag, ie buy and support local business

As far as recent business failures go, I don’t think it will have much of an effect on Vocus, it’s almost par for the course as far as the wholesale side goes for many years.

I am more concerned about Vocus and their lack of focus from a wholesale perspective on the coming ISDN shutdown given the market opportunity. Telstra said they had 970000 ISDN SIOs in June last year, with an estimated ARPU of $200 per month that’s roughly $200m of monthly revenue that needs to find an alternative, and that’s just for the smaller ISDN offerings that were out there, not the ISDN 10/20/30s.  

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VOC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.