VOC 0.00% $5.49 vocus group limited

I'm buying VOC because, page-608

1. 1,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 83

Nextgen is being sued by Orion in respect of some unpaid advisor's fees. Fortunately, it seems Vocus might have the benefit of warranties/indemnities from OTPP (Ontario Teachers Pension) in respect of any amounts recovered by Orion.

I found an article, I think it's from the Australian on this, but it's behind a paywall:

Vocus bought Nextgen in June 2016 in a deal that Orion told the court resulted in the Australia-Singapore cable project receiving $130m finance.

Orion says it billed Nextgen for $2.89m in March last year, but the company did not pay. Nextgen has not filed a defence to Orion's lawsuit, opting to have it sent to mediation.

Last week, Orion told The Australian it could not comment in detail because the case was still in mediation. However, it said OTPP's lawsuit was "without merit and it will be resisted vigorously", painting it as an attempt to avoid paying the fees Orion has charged Nextgen."If Orion's claim for the unpaid fees is successful, Orion understands OTPP will face a substantial monetary liability to the current owners of Nextgen (Vocus) in respect of any award that might be made in Orion's favour," Orion said.

Total amount in dispute doesn't look like a huge amount - about 2.9 million.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VOC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.