GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

i'm done ... , page-86

1. 4,524 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Goblin, the problem as I see it with being bearish gold medium to long term & the problem with most the rhetoric I read is that it essentially ignores 2/3rds of the global population that loves gold. The Chinese haven't even been allowed to own gold until recently & they have a massive affinity for the yellow stuff. Hold on a minute 20% of the world's population that loves gold was restricted from owning it & now that is changing... Secondly I put a post out a few days ago & none of the gold bears responded. So here's your chance. Why do you think QE is or will work? Gold has now detached itself from the QE bubble which I think will be a good thing. There is a rush to equity markets as money is printed like its going out of fashion & its looking for a place where it can get a higher yield than the zero % interest rates. Not a great reason to be buying stocks & one that creates diminishing returns. Bernanke himself I am sure would love to curtail QE if the government would actually start doing something to fix the economy & the massive sovereign debt issues. Now I could go on about Japan, Europe & even the States with the US that are bankrupt, all massive events that are yet to fully unfold. In the short term gold could go lower, however I like the fact that the sovereign states that aren't actually bankrupt & have growth & masses of population are the ones buying it, i.e. the BRICs & others. Anyway I look forward to reading to some valid response for gold's demise from any of the bears other than what is a very short term outlook. I am no gold bug, however the CBs of the US, Japan & Europe are quickly making me into one.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.