IM Graphite News, page-25

1. 114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Duke & Tobyjack & Mongy

Subject: Sri Lankan Vein graphite

I sorry to disappoint you mates with your misunderstanding of Sri Lakan Vein graphite.

Fact number 1: Sri Lankan Vein Graphite sells for similar market prices of Flake graphite of same purity level. So no idea where you got the idea that this graphite sells for 10,000/ton.

Fact number 2: Sri Lankan Vein Graphite market is extremely small market due to fact the cost to mine are higher the Natural Flake for purity level of between 80 and 97 & purity. All mines are under ground vs Natural flake graphite mines that are open pit.

Fact number 3: Sri Lankan Vein Graphite operating mines only produce about 40% of the high purity 99 % the other 60 % of the Sri Lankan Vein Graphite has purity levels of 80 to 97 % purity.

Fact number 4: Sri Lankan Vein Graphite market has not been a growth market because most graphite users prefer natural Flake Graphite due to fact Natural flake Graphite is available for various countries and many more suppliers. Once a customer starts to use Natural Flake Graphite they can not replace the Natural Flake Graphite with Sri Lankan Vein Graphite since the properties are different and it would require the customer make adjustments to their product vs. replacement with another source of Natural Flake Graphite

Fact number 5: Sri Lankan Vein Graphite is only available from small mines each with limited capacity. So even as new investments are made the new graphite mines will add even greater excess capacity and force existing market prices to decrease. The new growth Market Batteries will not want to use Sri Lankan Vein Graphite knowing that the availability is limited and the fact that the battery company can not replace Sri Lankan Vein Graphite with a Natural Flake type Graphite without making major adjustments to their process that uses graphite.

I assume you will disagree with me and thus all I can say is time will tell if Sri Lankan Vein Graphite has a bright future.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.