i'm looking for honest christians, page-60

1. 436 Posts.
    re: ultraf**t i'm looking for honest christians Hi Snooker,

Not looking to try to "prove" anything, or provoke an argument. I understand your position - we all have Free Will - so don't get me wrong on this.

I apologise re my comment on the Covenant - you and Irjones are right , my mistake - I should have stated that the Old Law gave way to the New Law at the time of Jesus Christ's death on the cross.

But what I'm trying to say re your original question is this - the way Christians behave depends on how they see the world, and on what they think, rather than what anyone else believes that they should think. Re the Psalms, Christianity being a continuation of God's involvement with mankind, the Old Testament with all it's riches is considered Christianity's heritage, while the New Testament - and Christianity itself - is the continuation of God's plan for the world.

As to whether or not the modern-day Jewish nation of Israel should have sole sovereignity over a patch of ground sandwiched between a bunch of Arab nations - truth is, personally, I've got more important things to worry about in everyday life. But I do care if people are being hurt or killed or treated unjustly - regardless of whether they are Jewish or Arabic or whatever.

Now, I'm not insisting that you accept any of this. Whether you do or not, I don't care. I'm trying to answer your question - "why don't Christians support the Israeli state given the content of Psalms etc etc...". In reality, God's will is incontestable - but I'm not going to second-guess his plans or decide how He should accomplish his ends for the world - all I'm concerned about is getting on with life, and trying my best to help everyone else do the same. The Christian outlook demands no less.

If, as you say, you already have many Christian friends and/or associates that already concur with your view of things, then your original question is moot - why ask it in the first place? (I'm speaking rhetorically here - you don't have to answer this question).

Be good, and eat properly.

Regards,

Ultrafart.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.