AVE 0.00% 0.3¢ avecho biotechnology limited

Thanks kwaidanI just want to address a few matters raised in...

1. 5,867 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17381
    Thanks kwaidan

I just want to address a few matters raised in your posts.

1) Firstly I have to take issue with your broad branding of all POH posters as rampers. What’s a ramper? Well a study of the impact of intended manipulation of stock price on Hot Copper, published earlier this year in the International Journal of Banking and Finance, describes it thus:

Stock ramping through forums occurs when a ramper recommends a stock and highlights its huge potential to rise in share price in the very near future. The ramper buys a large quantity of a stock, and posts information to influence the masses into buying the stock with the aim to drive up the share price. By implying that readers of these posts are in possession of privileged information - such as insider knowledge of an impending takeover offer - rampers seek to persuade the gullible into purchasing a particular stock. If a significant enough number of easily-led individuals invest in the touted stock, a ramper can “ramp up” the share price so that he or she could sell their shares at a quick profit.

Ramping can be both up or down.

So a ramper is there for the quick profit, claiming insider knowledge, for example, to pump and quickly dump the stock for quick profit. I must say I haven’t noticed too many of these clever fly-by-nighters amongst regular posters on this forum. Of course it works the other way too. Suggest insider knowledge of bad news, management woes, poor sales etc to hopefully drive down the stock and buy in cheap to make a profit. I think you’d agree that neither of these descriptions fit either me or most regular posters on this forum.

2) If I need to be wrong..

I don’t recall accusing you of being wrong. I’ve observed that your trading style and my longer term investing style are different. I’ve not insisted you change your style. As you have said yourself, “stick with what you know.” I have and I will.

3) Either way while you're happy with having missed an opportunity to double your holdings for $40 in brokerage

I think you’re putting words in my mouth. I never said I was “happy” about the slide in share price. I said that I try not to be dissuaded by shorter term sp movement and that I remain comfortable with my investment in this company.

4) As far as you being a woman.... ? so? If you're suggesting that somehow I've slagged you off or inferred anything based on that ...you're WRONG

Rest assured, I was not saying that.

5)... if you want others to applaud you just because you're a woman I'd suggest you don't. (You don’t... have to fall back on that crutch.

Kwaidan, I made a joking observation. By definition of ramping, I wouldn’t be ramping to the already heavily invested posters on this forum. I’d be spreading the net wider on HC, trying to snag others with my hot share price tips, my boasts of insider knowledge and constant allusions to my financial qualifications and expertise. I laughingly observed that, given my postings, I clearly make a pretty incompetent ramper and, given the opinion of women I’ve seen expressed on some areas of HC, a ramping woman would have her work cut out!

Let me put on the record that almost without exception the male posters on POH have been nothing but welcoming and respectful towards me. Hey...some even laugh at my jokes! (Thanks Turps!)

7) Still we agree on one thing we're both here because we see the potential of the co.

And there,finally in consensus, might be a fitting place to end.

http://epublications.bond.edu.au/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1178&context=ijbf&sei-redir=1&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com.au%2Furl%3Fsa%3Dt%26rct%3Dj%26q%3Dmethods%2520of%2520share%2520price%2520ramping%26source%3Dweb%26cd%3D7%26sqi%3D2%26ved%3D0CFgQFjAG%2

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.507M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
64 103305097 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 22478912 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.