SXY 0.00% $4.60 senex energy limited

I'm intrigued by the timing of "I'm out what a relief"....

1. 1,775 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    I'm intrigued by the timing of "I'm out what a relief". Relentless downramping, day after day after day, ends with "I'm out" almost exactly at the lowest share price. The share price has climbed strongly from that exact moment.

What I would like to know is: Was the long share price decline, and the subsequent recovery, caused by the downramping and its end? This might seem like a naive question, since it is generally accepted that HC has little effect on share prices. But what if the downramping was just part of a concentrated effort by shorters to force down the share price? In other words, the apparent dreadful timing by our "I'm out" friends wasn't a disaster for them but a triumph ... having shorted SXY and manipulated the share price down, they cashed in their ill-gotten gains and stopped downramping. We are the mugs, not them.

Far-fetched? Maybe not. There are so many signs out there that the market is being manipulated - all the trades in 1 share for example - that it seems very plausible to me.

I certainly have zero faith in the regulators - the people who are supposed to keep the market honest.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.