NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Im out

1. 1,724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Well I think i'm out. Nearmap have always been a little frustrating to deal with from the get go once they put their paywall up and no one got back to me when I was trying to get quotes.

It's a good product but the company is so frustrating to do business with.

Here is why i'm pissed off: I wanted to call them this week to inquire about our service and some parts of it which function poorly with my companies workflow . It is initially frustrating that they don't have a telephone number easily accessible on their website (are they are not interested in new business?) but go though their "contact" page and send them an email.

I title my email "What is your telephone number" and in it I ask one of the several questions I have and complain about the absent phone number from the website.

I get a vague response from a "customer support manager" about my question which doesn't really answer my question and told she can refer me to the correct department? She doesn't give me a telephone number, have a telephone number in her signature or even mention why there isn't one on the website; in fact she just ignores it all together. I don't respond (thinking f* it, it's too hard I don't have time to muck around with this, I will just deal with it) and then the next day i get a phone call from an account manager (she has called the telephone number in my signature). She basically informs me that to solve some of my issues I would need to upgrade my plan, she tells me shes going to send me some information. She also tells me that we have been going over our plans data limit and that they haven't been blocking people who are going over their data but they are starting to do it.

later today our service was blocked because we are over our data limit and I get an email about upgrading our service (as discussed). I have never had our usage blocked in the past. I called up to complain and the person I spoke with told me they had an honesty system up until now in regards to data caps which considering I spoke with her today about my account and she was trying to up sell me a product and now suddenly we are blocked just sounds and smells like bullshit (are they on commission?) .

Basically the way I see it is: I wanted to inquire about my service as a result of my inquiry I have had my service blocked without warning and if I want to keep using it I have a bill for an upgraded package which is which is multiples more than what we have paid for the past two years which I would need to pay tomorrow.

As far as I am concerned it is a terrible way to do business, their pricing is obscure, I feel like it seems to change every time I speak with the company and is not easily available on their website.

It's annoying because ultimately I like the product I just hate the company. At this point i'm thinking about canceling my subscription, its annoying that there is not a decent competitor in this market currently.

Anyway there is my vent. If they can turn it into a good business then good luck to them.

I will be closing out my holdings either this or next week.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.