Absolutely correct.The very first Australian settlers are now...

1. 202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    Absolutely correct.

The very first Australian settlers are now extinct (along with the magnificent Megafauna they enjoyed as a 1000-year long BBQ orgy) and only an echo of their genes remain.

They were replaced by multiple successive invasions of more advanced ocean navigators. The first settlers only had to deal with a 100kn wide gap (from Timor to about where Ashmore reef sits now) due to 120m lower see levels during the last Glacial Maximum. One of the many subsequent waves (today's "indigenous") had to deal with a much wider Timor Sea, and possibly navigated all the way from India, along with their dogs. Once they arrived there is no doubt they slaughtered and raped the less advance population already there.

We Caucasians did exactly the same thing when we stormed into Europe, which is why most of us have 2-5% Neanderthal DNA, but no full-blood members of those stocky cold-adapted folks are still around. Homo Sapiens are simply the most efficient ferocious killing machines that have ever existed on the planet (t-Rex doesn’t even come close). Once we got somewhere new we hunted to extending any large mammals we found there, including other people.

I don’t know why people try paint any member of our species in a different more noble light (i.e. one-with-the-land) - we are all the same when it comes to colonisation. When Europeans got here it was because they acquired the next level of Sea Navigation and killing technology, the result after that was inevitable. In turn the current Australia population is also destined to be replaced - this time not through boats and guns but rather family visa exemptions and comfy plane seats. The new Asian (or maybe African settlers) will slowly become dominant through their more driven cultural goals and fast rising population.

Human are humans, glorious and horrible at the same time - so I take exception to any group who thinks they are somehow above our murder-monkey selves

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.