MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

I was not around a few years back but can imagine it has been a...

1. 256 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 102
    I was not around a few years back but can imagine it has been a frustrating experience to see the SP go down and created frustrations in some of the long term holders.

Now looking at the macros, its easy to correlate the SP of MNS to the curve of lithium prices. During 2018-2020 period prices went down as the EV revolution did not pick up and remained a niche market. Its hard to sell an idea and raise funds when you are in a declining market no one believes in anymore.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3522/3522927-1beb62132f7c3fde6742fd4a019d082b.jpg

A lot has changed since then, MNS is not selling the idea anymore,
    - Plan for decarbonisation and ESG penalties
    - Electric Transition is now supported globally by the politic and OEMs
    - Create local supply chains and remove dependencies on China to achieve strategic targets
    - And its not only about EVs, batteries on the grid will play a big role to support the demand and coming growth

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3522/3522929-2701e06e5afaeccc0e3bbe26ab8da4b4.jpg
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3522/3522931-50b37185e1a7ee61d3afc429eaa2a87e.jpg

To say that MNS/C4V/IM3 did not nothing since then or that they are not committed is simply not correct:
    - Raised 139M$ in 3 rounds
    - Purchased Plant equipment
    - Improved fast charging technology
    - Massive board and engineering appointments
    - Increased capacity to 1.8Gwh
    - Produced first battery cells
    - Got the green credential from external party
    - Have reached 1B$ of binding offtake agreements
    - IM3TV is back on track
    - Air permit for Endicott close to conditional agreement

And yes they had to go back to the drawing board to readapt some of their initial plant designs...sound perfectly normal to considering they just purchased new equipment and confirmed the location of their plant + growth strategy in the building next door.

Regarding some of the criticism around the lack of progress with Nachu, I did not follow the entire story but my understanding was that Tanzania was politically compromised for a while and not mining friendly. This is changing since Magufuli passed away and im confident the project will gain some traction in due time. But lets be honest, this is not the priority right now...as great as it would be to be vertically integrated and supply our own factories the revenues from that stream wont be nothing nothing comparable to the battery expansion potential.

Im super bullish on MNS, still happy to listen to any contrarian views based on facts contextualised to the current lithium situation. All the whining about past delays and missed targets in a declining market is simply not relevant anymore and unfair to the company, im sure they also went through a difficult time during that period.

In my opinion they proved they were committed to delivering, not through words or website updates (which I agree is required prior to listing) but through the various actions in the past year and the team they gathered to realise their ambitions.

Good luck holders, im also a believer!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.