GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Look I’m not one for conspiracy theories but have a think about...

1. 87 Posts.
    Look I’m not one for conspiracy theories but have a think about this.

Imagine you and all your friends were very powerful and very rich, well connected and truly the upper echelon of that 1% everyone keeps talking about.

Imagine you had the power the manipulate markets and politicians to suit your own needs…

What would you do, if you had the view that gold was going to be worth considerably more than it is today and you would like to accumulate a large amount of gold assets?

- Would you instruct your broker to pour your multi billion dollar portfolio directly into physical assets and gold miners at market rates, forcing you to pay a premium for those assets?

- Or would you do something that pushed the price of gold down so you were able to accumulate more assets at a discount…..

What could you do? Oh I don’t know instruct your mates @ goldmans etc to issue a sell recommendation on gold, start shorting gold miners at great pace, tell your mates at Bloomberg to issue negative news, etc, etc.

If you were able to keep the gold price sub $1,000 for long enough, think about how many gold stocks would hit the wall and all those assets you could pick up on the cheap…..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.