LYC 0.50% $5.95 lynas rare earths limited

imbalance

1. 5,798 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 95
    Market depth does NOT look good - about 9 million on the buy side - and almost 26 million on the sell side!

WHO is doing this relentless selling? Obviously a lot of sources, each with a lot of shares. But somebody must also be buying them - just not showing up on the buy side of the queue.

If this is all just a ploy to hold the price down around 64c for the SPP, so that the SPP will be around the 60c level instead of 75c, then whoever it is has done a good job - at the expense of all other holders.

Now why would they do that, if the SPP is directed at retail holders? Especially given that JP Morgan took 150 million or so all at 75c? So why would they want more dilution? The lower the SPP price, the more shares will be issued to each person for their $15k. Don't know if they will issue more shares, or just hold the line at the number they assumed for the 75c price. Which still doesn't make much sense.... the company wouldn't raise as much cash that way.

None of it makes much sense, actually. Wonder what will happen after tomorrow, which is the SPP date? And I wonder how many retail investors will take up the SPP? I won't be, that's for sure. Wouldn't surprise me to see a virtually zero uptake, with JP Morgan getting their $25 million worth, and the rest going begging.

It all smells somewhat fishy to me....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.95
Change
-0.030(0.50%)
Mkt cap ! $5.561B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.96 $6.00 $5.93 $10.85M 1.822M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 19331 $5.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.96 32024 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.