imbecilic cricket commentators, page-19

1. 2,510 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 944
    I don't mind the banter, some of it is quite witty. Kok has an insane laugh and enjoys his jokes more than anyone else does, but he also has a good cricket brain behind the clown act.

It seems the media is going overboard on the possibility of Tendulkar scoring his 100th International century. I can't work out what the big deal is really. The true milestone was reaching his 50th Test century recently. When he also becomes the 1st player to score 50 ODI centuries, that will also be a major achievement. But a combined total of 100 centuries is no major milestone.

Test centuries are the true measure of a batsman. Conditions over the 5 days play can change dramatically.

ODI centuries are of much lesser significance as the pitch is usually flatter to aid batting, as is the often smaller field sizes due to the boundary ropes being moved in. Then there are fielding restrictions which give the batsman an edge over the bowlers.

The hype is over the top. I even heard a reporter tonight say Tendulkar has 99 Test centuries. It seems they all jump on the bandwagon because it seems to be a 'hot' story, even if they don't know what they're talking about.

Go the Aussies!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.