imf's 'big tick' for australia's economy, page-16

1. 10,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "The International Monetary Fund has given a stamp of approval to Australia's economic policies, commending the Reserve Bank's easy monetary stance and saying there was room to ease further if needed."

Yup would agree with there is still room to move, albeit the RBA is always too late...

In a summary of its annual review of Australia's economy, the IMF said its directors also supported the government's budget-tightening plans.
    "They welcomed the intention to maintain budgetary surpluses over the medium term,

Yup would agree with the need to maintain a budget surplus to avoid going further into debt. But...note, the IMF wrote; "They welcomed the intention to maintain budgetary surpluses over the medium term"

Trouble is Labor can't produce a surplus, intentions are all good; "I intend to lose weight", I intend to stop smoking", "I intend to drink less", fat lot of good intentions are if you can't do it!!!

So don't get excited Waynee poo 'cause the IMF haven't seen a surplus yet either...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.