GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

imho the best review of gata's work to date, page-29

1. 3,360 Posts.
    Firstly CT - There IS a HUGE motive for collusively managing the gold price.

Interest rates stay low (therefore immense sums can be made on derivative bets)

USD stays higher than it would otherwise. Do I need to list why that would be desired? Think foreign investment inflows, think purchasing power etc.

So how can I take a bloke seriously who VERY CLEARY states something that indicates a complete lack of comprehension?

A couple of his 'de-bunks' if you like are possible, such as GATA 'twisting' the Barrick and RBA statements, but then again that could be exactly what occured. Mish hardly debunks them CT, he simply see's the comments meaning something else. Why is he definately right with his interpretation, while GATA is so definately wrong with its interpretation.

If I had to make a call I'd say the RBA one is nothing out of the ordinary, but for Barrick to claim immunity due to being an agent of the Central Bank...... why the hell (as just a gold miner) would they be an agent of the Central Bank unless they were acting for them?

As far as I'm concerned Mish does no debunking. He just has different opinions. The difference with GATA is the evidence they have, which as mentioned in the article when taken in individual peices, is just circumstantial, but when taken together would be enough for any jury to find a guilty beyond reasonable doubt verdict in 100 out of 100 cases.

Mish has ZERO evidence GATA are wrong, GATA has significant evidence that they are right.

It amazes me that people like yourself believe a fellow who runs a blog out of his apartment (so I'm led to believe) over an ex-gold futures trader who clearly noticed a change in the way gold traded in 1994 and a CEO of Kirkland Lake Resources who reported to Robert Rubin in London years ago, who at the time was engaged in the gold carry trade (seemingly the first person to engage in it) as head of a GS department. It was witnessed for god's sake. Thats a fact. Robert Rubin's next job - yep, Treasury Secretary. What was that Mish brought up in his blog....Occams Razor or something?

As for the name calling Trev, call it what you will. Like I said above I just cannot take seriously ANYONE who believes there is no reason to manage the gold price.

That is someone who isn't capable of being objective.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.