Immigration, page-1397

1. 670 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 186
    @Iwonder

Oh for sure I think that's the risk. That's why my comment that immigration needs to be highly targeted and not based on some crude/arbitrary figure of 100,000 or 200,000 a year. We shouldn't even meet targets if you can't manage to get quality.

I think if you manage the quality well and our government gets its head checked and builds infrastructure ahead of the population growth IMO we would maintain a high standard of living. But there are no brain cells in our government when it comes to future planning. They can't procure rapid antigen tests, how can they possibly plan a new city or manage population density?

The problem there is if you're only attracting high-skill workers, then who is going to do the low-skilled jobs? I can't tell you who won't do them: Australians.

Just like here where I live in the Yukon Territory of Canada, no white mother/father or naturalized Canadian wants their son/daughter to aspire to be a cleaner, Uber driver, or fruit picker. It's the same in Australia. These are jobs for immigrants working their way up the class ladder.
    Last edited by SaltyInvestor: 06/01/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.