Immigration, page-136

1. 1,867 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 107
    I was living in the 70's. Other than the fact I was 50 years younger the Australian standard of living is much higher. Sure our river system has been messed around with. Cities are bigger and traffic in cities and even in regional areas is bloody choked at times. Too many caravans and trucks are on the roads that are in a constant state of repair or renewal.
    On the other side I can do most of my banking, shopping and work sitting in the comfort of my home. Only go to capital cities for an outing. The cost of air travel is way cheaper. Wages are high in this country...the real reason they have not increased in recent years. Young people can work anywhere in the world...opportunities abound. Education as always is the key. Get educated and the World is your oyster. Both my children have worked in many countries. That report on quality of life referred to USA and its 300 odd million. Some of it applies to OZ but only marginally. I am up in NTH Qld at the moment and life looks pretty good.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.