GBE 1.92% 5.1¢ globe metals & mining limited

imminent price catalysts

1. 3,666 Posts.
    Just having a look at what GBE holders can reasonably expect pretty soon...

BUYBACK: On Monday next week (according to GBE's announcement to the market on Fen 17th), GBE should get approval from the FIRB to commence an on-market buyback. I suspect that it will be difficult to buy shares at the current prices whilst competing with the buyback. The company says it will buy upt to a maximum of 23 cents. Buyback due to start 2 weeks later (2nd April). So, up to 25% return just there.

DRILLING RESULTS FROM MACHINGA: And as Macau alluded to in his post, assays from Machinga should be released soonish. In the December Qtr. Report, GBE say that drilling had just commenced. I like this comment from the company about their expectation at Machinga:

"...to target and extend significant heavy rare earth oxides (HREO) and niobium (Nb) mineralisation identified in 2010." Hope that find some more HREO's in particular.

One last thing. A good article in today's The Australian, p.23., about the trade dispute between China and US on RARE EARTHS. It underlines just how strategically important some of the rare earth elements are to modern applications, and how strong the demand is going forward.

(I couldn't find a e-copy. There may be a link from tomorrow.)

Cheers,

Yaq

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
-0.001(1.92%)
Mkt cap ! $35.18M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 5.2¢ 4.9¢ $15.19K 301.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 181452 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.1¢ 79507 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.13pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GBE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.