VMT 0.00% 12.5¢ vmoto limited

That's Shanghai, hardly a reflection of the Chinese population,...

1. 208 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45

That's Shanghai, hardly a reflection of the Chinese population, most of whom live on very low local daily wages.

Zaac - We are talking sales volume being slower during winter time. Check where are the scooter shops? Go plot a line of the shops that have been open so far, its all pointing towards shanghai, with one of largest outlet. Agree shanghai doesn't reflect all of china but Vmoto focus is in that region now.

Like my experience living in Asian countries off and on for almost 20 years. While Train and Taxi might seem cheap to you comparing to Australia or on Dollar income in Asian country, one train fare might be a hours or even days salary for locals.

Zaac - Your point here is not valid. There's something call "index". Australia avg salary is USD 76K per annum, China is USD 14K. Taxi cost 5 times more in aus than china, pretty close.

Ones that can afford it will save and work to afford one scooter or small motorbike, that will be their only personal transport or transport for entire family and do everything from school runs, to trips to the markets, work and so on.

They might be able to afford a scooter or small motorbike, but they can't afford taxi and train rides daily for the transportation needs.

Zaac - if you have spent time in china will know there are other means of transport like the tuk tuk in thailand. What I m saying here is one who save enough to buy a Vmoto bike will probably choose to buy it after winter cos its too cold to ride now.

Why you see so many small motorbikes and scooters all over Asia and India etc.

Zaac - If we didn't believe e-scooters will explode in the next 5 years, we won't be in this forum now.

Yes I lived in Shanghai as well, but only six months each time on two different occasions..

Scooters are not a fashion accessory for 100s of millions in Asia. Hence my statement, weather makes no difference.

Zaac - Let watch when they publish the local sales results, IMO weather will make a difference.

Kat.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.