STI 0.00% 0.2¢ stirling products limited

Busy day ahead, so just a few comments for now. If you have read...

1. 108 Posts.

Busy day ahead, so just a few comments for now.

If you have read my previous post throughout the year, I you may be aware that I have viewed Immunoxel as just another "herbal bunyip oil" that can be flogged off as just another flu remedy like Echinacea or vitamin C. Data published by the Ukrainian scientist can be viewed as intriguing, yet sceptical. However, this ann is exactly what I have been waiting to see if this "herbal cocktail" is to be taken seriously. This sort of data is exactly what is required for grant funding and might explain what PB was hinting about in the last announcement. The ann may seem a little vague on detail, but the data must remain confidential or it will jeopardise the chance of publication in a decent peer review journal and/or patent protection. I personally know all about this process.

Pre-clinical data confirming the results obtained in the study and probing into the cellular/molecular mechanisms is what the scientists and regulators must see to support their claims. This is an excellent start.

1. Good to see that they went straight to the Rhesus Macaque model infected with Simian immunodeficiency viruses (SIV)- a superior model to standard laboratory rodent models.

2. Interesting 'results' obtained with the SIV-infected lymphocytes (white cells) in regards to IL-2 production (an important cytokine involved in T cell function and proliferation) and the cell proliferation marker (K167). Will eagerly await so see the data.

3. Supports the use of co-administration with HIV vaccines- new potential!

HIV is still a big one to crack -- bacterial TB infection etc is more likely to have better clinical outcomes. However, you just never know how the HIV story may play out.

Disclosure - I have a paper published on viral antigen recognition resulting in accelerated porcine cell xenograft rejection from my younger years, so I know a little about viral immunology but certainly not an expert in the field! DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.