ASX 1.23% $58.26 asx limited

impact on asx of terrorism attacks.

1. 331 Posts.
    I've just been reading through AFR editorial and misc news items that heavily speculate that with elections coming up in OZ, the US and the UK and after the successful terrorism campaign in Spain (pre their elections) there is a very real possibility that we will see attacks within OZ, the US and the UK within the next six months. This speculation is further born out by an escalation of threats and warnings over recent weeks.

Is anyone game to have a punt on what this would do to the various markets ?

Historically gold has been a good hedge during times of trouble .. however .. I held gold during the Gulf wars .. and the expected rise didn't happen ... are there some old timers out their with a good knowledge of what happened to the markets during terrorist attacks (Sep 11 etc) ... could we see the markets crash if this were to occur ...

This could be an interesting discussion so please try to minimise abusive replies ...

Blackspot

Not the best time to have a discussion I know with response times being what they are .. but what can you do.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$58.26
Change
0.710(1.23%)
Mkt cap ! $11.29B
Open High Low Value Volume
$57.64 $58.32 $57.27 $41.72M 721.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 787 $58.12

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$58.26 950 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.