SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Impending admin?, page-114

1. 417 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Just remember that at $600M revenue the company LOSES money and that is BEFORE interest payments are factored in (let alone debt repayments). They need more revenue to even be hitting break even.

The intrinsic value of their $600M turnover would therefore be pretty close to zero or negative in my view.

Cutting costs in a services business is hard - highest costs are salaries and cutting salaries is difficult.

It's not how much you can make - it's how much you can keep.

Disagree with your investment "strategy advice" here too - chasing losses on a company that has not yet achieved turnaround (and is so obviously in a precarious position - fully reliant on its lenders to keep the doors open) is a recipe for further losses in most cases. Holding loads more shares in a basket case does not improve the future prospects for the basket!

It's your money Ralph - gamble as you like - but don't encourage others to join you - at my most charitable I would say it is "irresponsible" to be giving such advice.

Best timeframe for investing here would seem to be AFTER any d4E happens. The idea that D4E is "already factored in" has trapped many investors in other restructured companies in the past. Only the very brave with long timeframes (or perhaps the foolish) would be jumping in right now with D4E imminent and unknown.

All imo DYOR etc.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.