AJQ 0.00% 10.0¢ armour energy limited

Impending gas shortage and Oh Ohh

1. 2,010 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 159
    This is an interesting article from todays Weekend Australian. Don't mean to waffle tooo long.

Federal and state energy ministers have agreed to more transparency over coal-seam gas activities and warned of uncertainty over the price and availability of Australia’s gas resources.
    After meeting in Canberra yesterday, the COAG Energy Council declared that Australia’s gas markets were changing at a rate “unprecedented anywhere in the world”.
    Energy Minister Josh Frydenberg said the meeting agreed that CSG was a “fundamental” part of Australia’s energy mix.
    In a bid to increase transparency, the council agreed the peak industry body known as APPEA would produce a yearly report on “unconventional” gas activities, including the number of wells drilled, the number of land access agreements in force and the contribution to government revenues.
    The move comes amid concerns about the impact of CSG operations while domestic gas users have warned about rapidly increasing prices and difficulties by those users in getting reasonable supply offers from gas companies as CSG is used in major LNG export projects.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...er-coal-seam-gas/story-fnkbmc9f-1227634502800

Ministers all over Oz, but particularly in the East, are waking up to the fact that there is going to be a very large shortfall in gas supplies. A lot of gas market, exploration and development  followers (like us who have monetary vested interests) will probably think this is old news. Have a read of this article and see if you can spot the "Oh, crap" factor oozing from between the lines. I put it out there that any reasonable sized E & D gas company, with access to pipeline infrastructure, over the next few years will have GSA's thrust at them from all directions. It will not be a matter of us saying "Who can we sell to?" but rather "Hang on, we can only give you so much this year until more of our wells come on line. Please take a number, we'll be with you ASAP".
    In fact, in light of articles such as this, and with the Victorian Committee on Unconventional Gas meeting next week for their review and recommendations, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see greater interest in the Lakes Oil side of things. With our assets in the Surat likely to come on line in Feb next year, and Armour stating they intend to "ramp up production quickly through a large number of cost effective production improvement opportunities" (Announcement 2/11) I believe we are in for a terrific escalation in our news and reporting.
    I'm still in 2 minds on whether to take the opportunity to sell 13.68% of my holding to AEP, tactically it's probably a sound move to monetise some gains but I'm thinking of a years time when I look back and wonder if I made the correct decision. I fully expect us to be greater than 0.25 within 3 months. (Don't hound me with that!)

Have a good weekend.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.